Working with North Construction means joining one of the fastest growing and most innovative heavy construction contractors in Canada. Be a part of our award-winning team to experience an exciting workplace culture, fantastic colleagues, and an opportunity to work with a company that’s recognized around the world for our ability to build and manage the most challenging of construction projects in all environments.
This is a great time to join North Construction! We are currently recruiting for experienced, skilled labourers to work under the direction of Pipe Layers, Site Supervisors, and Superintendents.
Complete trucking related tasks as per the specifications and direction from the Foremen and Superintendent. Complete these tasks in a safe and efficient manner to avoid injury to themselves or others or damage to the trucks or other property.
Foremen and Superintendent.
Common Roles and Responsibilities:
- Consistently promotes by direction and example, the company values, Mission and Vision
- Informs the Foremen and / or Superintendent of resource requirements
- Ensures all FLHA’s and Equipment Inspection Logs are completed as required
- Completes their daily equipment log and safety checks on each unit operated
- Report any truck deficiencies in the log and to the Director of Logistics as they encounter them
- Responsible for the safety of the crews they are directly working with
- Follow new safety and task-specific protocols as they are implemented
- Clean the trucks as necessary
- Park the trucks in a safe manner when not in use
Required Skill Set:
- Class 1 driver’s license preferable; Class 3 acceptable
- A high level of self-management & personal leadership skills
- Strong commitment to team code of honor and company values
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to anticipate and communicate job site needs well in advance
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Proactive and punctual
- Ability to develop creative and effective solutions to challenging tasks
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with all project entities as required
- OFA 1 certification
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Competitive hourly wage
- North paid, Extended Health Care Package
Other Benefits (All items are to be used specifically for work purposes)
- Ferry and other access cards as required
- RRSP matching or Mortgage Assistance (MAP) to 4%
- Access to the career development program (CAP)
If you are interested in this position please apply with your resume and cover letter to the email: . We look forward to hearing from you!